Start Up Loans: Delivery Partner
PNE Group are a regional delivery partner for Start Up Loans in the North East & Cumbria, supporting loan applications and providing business support to beneficiaries.
“The creation of these businesses is great news for the region and the popularity of the scheme demonstrates the innovation, creativity and drive we have in the North East and Cumbria. This scheme has given young entrepreneurs access to start-up funding, at a time when it might otherwise have been difficult, and has allowed these young business people to take those all important first steps into the world of business.”
Pete Wood, head of social enterprise projects at Virgin Money
About Start Up Loans
Start Up Loans is a government-backed personal loan scheme, available to individuals looking to start or grow a business in the UK. In addition to finance, successful applicants receive 12-months of free mentoring and exclusive business offers to help them succeed.
- UK wide, Start Up Loans has supported over 55,000 business ideas with more than £400 million worth of loans
- Annually, PNE supports businesses to access on average £195,600 of funding
What we do
As regional delivery partner for Start Up Loans in the North East & Cumbria, we offer offer free funding support and deliver Start-Up Loans in partnership with Business Finance Solutions. Our role includes:
- Supported the start-up loans pilot programme as part of a consortium with funding made available by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (now the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy)
- To eligible businesses, provide fund referrals, business plan writing support and help with the applications process
- Deliver business support and mentoring to successful businesses
- Provide PNE Enterprise developed online learning courses
- Signpost funded mentoring and marketing support from Virgin Money and other local partners.
- Support successful fund applicants with publicity opportunities