Who are we?
We are PNE Group, trading name Project North East and its associated group of companies: North East Workspace, Silicon Alley and PNE Foundation. You can find out more about us in our website at: www.pne.org. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and our office is located at 7-15 Pink Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DW, United Kingdom.
Project North East is an England and Wales company with the registered number 1715761 and has a registered office at Unit 3, Ground Floor, 7-15 Pink Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DW.
Company Registration Numbers:
Project North East 1715761; PNE Foundation 7385704; North East Workspace Ltd. 2484070; Silicon Alley (Newcastle upon Tyne) Ltd. 3922707.
Who is our Data Protection Representative?
Our Data Protection Representative is Lisa Murphy, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
What information do we collect and why?
To collect and process personal data, we need to provide a relevant legal reason. We use the following legal reasons for processing your personal data:
- When you consent to it, or
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When we have a legal duty, or
- When the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life, or
- When it is necessary to perform a task in the public interest, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest.
Our purposes for processing
We process personal data for the following reasons:
- To manage our relationship with you or your business.
- To contact clients to ask for their consent
- To apply for business accommodation.
- To process payments
- To notify clients of any issues affecting their tenancy
- For identification purposes i.e. passport/driving licence photo ID
- To support applying for Business Rates
- To contact clients with requested business support such as emailing a template or feedback.
- To develop new ways to meet our clients’ needs and to grow our business.
- To develop and carry out marketing activities to those starting or growing a business.
- To look at how our customers use products and services from us and other organisations.
- To enable us to support clients to gain a qualification
- To meet our legal and contractual obligations
- To understand and develop the value of our services and brand among client groups
- To develop and carry out marketing and sales activities
- To allow us to manage our digital activities securely
Our legitimate interests
Our data processing activities rely on the following legitimate interests:
- Managing our digital activities securely
- Accepting data submitted by data subjects
- Enabling marketing activities to be delivered, including by multiple team members
- Enabling the development of IP to support sales and marketing activities
- Benchmarking Group services and brand value within target sectors/audience
- Sharing artefacts of historical interest
- Protecting our buildings and providing police with evidence
- Consent to enable us to provide you with the qualification service
- Keeping our records up to date, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them.
- Developing products and services, and what we charge for them.
- Developing products and services to support the start-up and growth of businesses.
- To contact you regarding actions and milestones you have contractually agreed to meet and to support you through them.
What categories of personal data do we collect?
We collect the following categories of data:
|Category of personal data||Description of personal data|
|Contact||Where you live, and how to contact you|
|Transactional||Bank details used to facilitate payments|
|Job applicant data||Data pertaining to applying for a job within our organisation.|
|CCTV data||Video footage and image files recorded by CCTV cameras|
|Special categories and sensitive data||Special categories of data is data that can only be processed under certain circumstances and includes the following|
• Racial or ethnic origin
• Sexual orientation
• Trade union membership
• Religious or philosophical beliefs
• Genetic and bio-metric data
• Medical information, disability information
• Criminal convictions and offences
|Photography||Photography including images of the data subject which can be used to identify them|
|Date of birth||The date and the year you were born|
|IP Address||Identifying code of computer used by data subject in engagements with Group digital services|
|Employment History||Current and previous employment details|
Sending data outside of the European Economic Area
We do not intend to transfer personal data outside the EEA. Where it is necessary to do so we will ensure any such transfer is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR to ensure that the level of protection to data subjects guaranteed by the GDPR is not undermined by any such transfer.
In the event that the United Kingdom leaves the European single market, we shall ensure that any transfer of personal data overseas is transferred in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation in place at the time of such transfer.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within the PNE Group, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Approved contractors
- Approved technology partners
- Paper shredding services
- Social networking websites
- Cloud based storage services
- Enterprise agencies
- Police authorities
- Credit reference agencies such as Equifax
- Government Departments
- Qualification Awarding Bodies
- Paper shredding services
How long will we keep your data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a client of PNE Group. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- legal, contract or other obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do we collect personal data from?
In this section we outline sources of any personal data we collect where it is not collected from the person it relates to.
We may collect personal data from the following sources:
- Companies house
- Credit reference agencies such as Equifax
- Government departments such as job centres
- NEEAL consortium
- Other enterprise agencies and support agencies
- Published, publicly available, digital content
- Social media platforms
- Third-party event organisers
- Other PNE Group departments and PNE Group subsidiary businesses
How to get a copy of your personal information
Individuals are entitled to make a request to us for a copy of the personal data that we hold about them. Requests should describe the information sought. Where we receive requests for personal data we will answer the request without undue delay and normally within one calendar month of receipt.
All data subject access requests will be considered properly. If applicants are unhappy with the way we handle requests, they should contact us using our contact information below.
Data Subject rights
Data subjects have several rights including a right to erasure, a right to data portability, a right to object to certain processing, a right to restrict processing in certain circumstances and a right to prevent automated decision making in certain circumstances, a data subject may request that the processing of their personal data be restricted.
We are committed to ensuring data subject rights are upheld and we will work hard to make sure these rights can be exercised.
Inform us if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we hold on you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us at email@example.com to do so. We will take reasonable steps to ensure accuracy and correct it.
What if you’d like us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to do so. There may be reasons, including legal reasons, why we need to keep your personal data, but please get in contact if you think we should not be using it. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this event.
Where consent is used as a legal reason for processing, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you would like to do so.
How we use personal information to make automated decisions
We use Equifax in an automated process for prospective tenants for North East Workspace to find out their credit score, and to see if they have any CCJ’s or have been made bankrupt, this information may affect their application for offices.
Contractual or statutory data requirements
We may need to collect personal data that is required by law, or under the terms of a contract that we have with you.
If you choose not to give us this personal data, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed and it could mean that we will need to cancel a product or service you have with us.
Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are not happy with how we manage your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you wish to contact us concerning your data, you can reach us at:
PNE Group (Data Protection)
Unit 3, Ground Floor
7-15 Pink Lane
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: +44 (0) 191 691 4901
This privacy notice was last updated on 3rd September 2020