We have an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in joining our current loyal and committed Board of volunteer non-executive Directors. We are looking for people with the vision and skills to work with us to develop and drive our strategy, identify and maximise new opportunities, position the organisation effectively and bring new ideas and a fresh perspective to our work. We particularly welcome applications from people who bring experience and knowledge in any of the the following areas:
- The green economy and implementing a clear and measurable environment/sustainability agenda;
- Finance/accountancy and providing support with financial oversight, analysis and planning
- Inclusion and equality and enabling successful engagement with disadvantaged communities
The roles are unpaid voluntary positions (reasonable expenses reimbursed). Board members are expected to attend a minimum of four board meetings per year, at least one of which should be in person (COVID restrictions allowing).
If you believe that you have the skills that we need combined with the energy, commitment and drive to make a difference, we are keen to hear from you
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate(s) will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in at least one of the following three areas: The Green Economy/Sustainability agenda; Finance/accountancy; Promoting inclusion and equality
- Work with the Board to promote the vision and values of PNE and enhance its profile
- Contribute to defining PNE’s strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Exercise expert judgement and scrutiny, contributing fully to Board meetings and sub-committees to ensure excellent governance
- Participate in decision-making, risk management and control to protect the organisation, its clients and staff
- Exercise integrity, creating a culture which helps to achieve PNE’s core purpose, ensuring trust and confidence
- Provide support to the Chief Executive where appropriate
- Understand and interrogate financial reports
- Strategic planning
- Risk management
- Financial analysis
- Networking and profile development
- Problem solving
- Management / project management
About PNE Group
PNE is a social enterprise based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Our goal is to enable positive social and economic change by supporting businesses to start, grow and thrive in an ethical and sustainable way. We do this by enabling people to access the skills, resources and funding to start their own business, by helping businesses to grow and by supporting large organisations to achieve their strategic objectives through investment in enterprise development.
In 2020, our impact included working with over 740 individuals, supporting over 260 businesses, and distributing £425,000 of funding. Looking to the future, our strategy is focused on supporting an inclusive economic recovery from COVID and aiding a transition to a green economy.
We conduct both ourselves and our business in accordance with our values, which form the foundation upon which we develop our services, interact with staff and select our partners and business associates. We believe in the importance of: Respect for the diverse contexts we work in; Innovation and creativity; Sustainable development; Ethical, responsible and transparent conduct; Supporting communities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you would like to apply for a position as Director at PNE, please submit your CV via our website, or to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter (maximum 2 sides) answering these three questions:
- Why would you like to be a Director for PNE?
- What do you think you can bring to the Board?
- How do you think your experience and skills could help to make a difference in our work?