Grant Management Services
“PNE Group have been an essential partner in the delivery of the Fund. For this type of fund, success is defined by impact – so it is great to know that these grants are funding projects to help people in disadvantaged communities build their skills, get into work, or start a business.”
Thom Kenrick, Head of Community Programmes at RBS
What We Do
PNE Group have an expert and experienced grant management team, who can support you to make an impact with your investment for fund beneficiaries and your organisation – whether it’s a pot of community funding or a global enterprise development programme.
Our specialist grant management staff have supported the delivery of bespoke grant programmes for clients for over two decades. To date, we have administered over £17 million of client’s funds and £6 million of our own, to enable positive social and economic change via financial support.
As a member of the UK Government’s Cabinet Office Grant Management Framework, an ISO 9001: 2015 accredited organisation and certified in Cyber Essentials digital security, our clients have peace of mind their investment is in safe hands.
Services we can provide include:
- Supporting the design of a grants programme that supports your organisational objectives whilst meeting an identified gap/community need
- Application process management, including the creation and running of digital application portals
- Assessment of applications by experienced, qualified assessors
- Enabling staff or stakeholder engagement within the grant assessment process, for example coordinating board meetings of key stakeholders to choose grantees or running a public vote campaign
- Administration of grants, including due diligence on grantees and fund payments
- Monitoring of grantees utilising a range of methods, both quantitative and qualitative, measuring the impact of funding
We have distributed over £23m to individuals, businesses, projects and organisations. Recent examples of our work include:
- The design, management and monitoring of the £10m RBS Skills and Opportunities Fund, supporting individuals within disadvantaged communities to start or develop a new business, build their financial capability skills or to improve their employability. Learn more >
- Launching and managing the Sustainable Start-up Award, the North East’s first fund providing grants to start-ups making a positive environmental or social impact. Learn more >
- Fund administration for the £3m RBS Inspiring Enterprise programme, which aimed to advance entrepreneurial culture in the UK, specifically through support for women and young entrepreneurs. Learn more >
- Acting as a regional delivery partner for Start Up Loans in the North East & Cumbria, supporting loan applications and providing business support to beneficiaries. Learn more >
- Providing small grants (of up to £500) to enable entrepreneurial and business development for participants of the Get Growing programme, which supports young owners of high-growth potential businesses in the North East of England. Learn more >
As a social enterprise we are practitioners of the services we offer, investing all surplus profits in projects which contribute to the sustainable development of communities in the North East of England. Our clients have the assurance that, through procurement of our services, they are optimising the social impact of their supply-chain spend.
Examples of projects funded by PNE Group include:
- Delivering business support for start-ups in collaboration with the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Enabling unemployed Newcastle residents to explore and pursue self-employment in connection with the New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) scheme
- Enabling the entrepreneurial and business development of young owners with high-growth potential businesses through our Get Growing programme
- Our Sustainable Start-up Award, a bespoke grant funding programme for North East businesses tackling sustainability
- PNE Enterprise deliver the PNE Business Hub, providing business support to individuals who are over 50 or living with a disability in North of Tyne
Expert Processes and Project Management
Our five-step programme management process, overseen by a qualified project manager, enables us to work as an extension of your team, helping you to achieve, impactful and measurable results. In 2018, this expertise was endorsed as we were named National Enterprise Network Enterprise’s Enterprise Team of the Year.
If your organisation wants to explore what grant management services PNE Group can support you with, get in touch with our team today.
- What We Do: Enterprise Programme Management and Consultancy
- What We Do: Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Case Study: RBS Skills and Opportunities Fund
- Case Study: Sustainable Start-up Award