Arts Council England Cultural Business Venture
PNE Group supported Arts Council England’s Northern Arts’ Cultural Business Venture for several years, managing and administering its North East grant fund.
About the Cultural Business Venture grant fund
The Cultural Business Venture grant fund enabled people working in the cultural and creative sectors to access funding support if they developed a project with a sustainable business plan.
The Cultural Business Venture made a significant impact on the growth and sustainability of the region’s creative sector. For example, in one year (2003-2004) it provided almost £500,000 funding to businesses, creating 92 new business and 74 jobs, providing support to 131 existing businesses and safeguarding 110 jobs in the creative sector.
What we did
As regional grant managers for the fund, the PNE team provided:
- An evaluation of the Northern Arts’ Cultural Business Venture, with recommendations for optimising impact within the North East region
- Managed the application process on behalf of the Arts Council, receiving funding requests from across the North East of England
- Assessment of all applications against national and regional criteria, with assessors providing feedback to all applicants
- Fund management, including overseeing due diligence and payments
- Monitored funded projects, ensuring objectives for each funded projects were met and providing evaluative impact reporting to the Arts Council
We have additional experience working with the Arts Council England, matching workspace with artists for the NEspace project.