European Regional Development Fund
PNE Group work with the European Commission in the delivery of their European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), delivering an enterprise support programme for beneficiaries.
“The support I received from PNE Enterprise was crucial to launching my business. I wouldn’t have been in the position to launch my business without the support and guidance of the PNE Enterprise team, and Lee, my business advisor, in particular,” added Biagio. Lee supported me with the creation of my business plan and through one-to-one appointments, gave me the advice and guidance I needed to successfully launch my new business in the UK.”
Biagio Schiano Di Zenise, WooDIY Founder and ERDF beneficiary
About ERDF Enterprise Support
ERDF enterprise support provides services to pre-start businesses and individuals interested in becoming owners, including one-to-one mentoring and business courses, workshops and community outreach activities. Through the PNE Enterprise team, we provide ERDF support for beneficiaries across the Northumberland and Tyne and Wear regions.
The programme so far
The current programme began in July 2018 and runs until Summer 2021. The previous three-year programme made a significant impact for the regions, providing support to 746 clients and helping 98 businesses to start-up.
What we do
In our delivery of ERDF enterprise support, we:
- Recruit participants
- Conduct a diagnostic with new programme participants, including a needs assessment, identifies the right pathway of support and sets individual objectives
- Deliver workshops and skills training covering a variety of core skills, including business finance, marketing and sustainable business practices
- Provide business support and mentoring services
- Support the development of business plans, including access to finance applications
- Post participation monitoring of up to 36 months