Green For Go!
“Learners have benefitted enormously from the Green for Go project. It has provided them with the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and behaviours for employability, such as teamworking, problem solving, public speaking and creativity. The project pushed many learners out of their comfort zone, and in doing so has led to an increase in confidence. It is exactly the type of project we are looking to get our learners involved in to be able to prepare them for employment.”
Green for Go! is an inter-college competition that will support Level 2 learners to gain valuable business skills and explore how they can make an impact and share their ideas for a better future.
About Green For Go!
Green For Go! is a private Foundation funded project delivered in partnership with FIRST, providing students from five regional colleges with enterprise soft skills learning. Green for Go! is an inter-college competition that will support young learners to gain valuable business skills, explore how they can make an impact and share their ideas for a better future on a regional stage.
Specifically targeted at Level 2 learners, Green for Go! develops skills, explores career aspirations and connects learners to young entrepreneurs across the North East who have designed businesses to change the world and make a difference.
The programme so far
Phase 1 of the programme, comprising of 2 days of workshops and a competition to reach the Grand Final, has been delivered across four colleges (Newcastle College, Gateshead College, TyneMet College and Stockton Sixth Form).
Our measurement of the impact Phase 1 had on participants revealed:
- A 271% increase in the amount of students reporting they feel ‘Very empowered’ to help solve problems like climate change, followed by a 35% increase in those feeling ‘Quite empowered’.
- A 36% increase in students reporting they feel they have ‘most’ or ‘all’ of the right skills they need to get a job when they leave college.
- A 138% increase in students reporting they feel ‘a lot’ or ‘very’ confident, that they could set up a business.
- A 116% increase in students reporting they feel ‘a lot’ or ‘very’ confident, speaking in front of an audience.
What we do
Green For Go! is a programme designed and developed in collaboration with FIRST. Our role in delivering the project includes:
- The delivery of bespoke enterprise training workshops, which share the message that businesses are an empowering opportunity to create social and environmental change.
- Managing a cohort of young entrepreneur ambassadors to provide guidance and aspiration to the students.
- The coordination of a regional inter-college pitch competition, attended by regional business leaders.
- Monitoring and evaluation across a broad range of programme stakeholders and impacts.