Shell International: Shell LiveWIRE UK
Since 1986, PNE Group has supported the delivery of the Shell LiveWIRE UK programme, Shell International’s flagship social investment Enterprise Development programme.
“Project North East (PNE Group) has worked with Shell International Limited to deliver the Shell LiveWIRE programme for young entrepreneurs in the UK for over 20 years, covering a wide array of project management and stakeholder engagement activities. The long-standing relationship with PNE is a testimony to the professionalism, commitment and effectiveness of the team. PNE understands and shares our vision for youth enterprise development and has proactively supported the Shell LiveWIRE programme in driving positive impact in the community. With its impressive knowledge of the UK entrepreneurial landscape, the PNE team has been able to provide both strategic counsel, as well as support in daily management activities and events planning.”
Alina Khasabova, Social Investment Adviser at Shell International
About Shell LiveWIRE UK
The Shell LiveWIRE programme supports innovative young entrepreneurs in the UK with bright ideas that meet the energy and resource needs of a fast-growing population, including via its nationally recognised Smarter Future programme. Shell’s flagship social investment Enterprise Development programme, the Shell LiveWIRE programme is an important part of Shell’s commitment to supporting a flourishing culture of UK enterprise and inspiring young people to innovate and provide real solutions to today’s energy and resource challenges.
The programme so far
Since its launch in Scotland in the 1980s, Shell LiveWIRE has provided over £5 million of funding and supported over 880,000 young people in the UK to explore starting their own business.
What we do
As delivery partners for the Shell LiveWIRE UK programme, we:
- Support with the delivery of the Smarter Future Programme: The Smarter Future Programme awards £5,000 each month to one 16-30 year old entrepreneur with an idea that addresses sustainable living challenges through smart innovation. We review applications and provide support to applicants
- Support with the delivery of The Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: The Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards grant £25,000 every year to a young entrepreneur who is engineering a smarter future for the UK. We assist in the event planning and offer support to Shell LiveWIRE finalists
- Build an engaging community of young entrepreneurs: Shell LiveWIRE UK is the largest online entrepreneurial community in the UK, with approximately 230,000 users
- Community management of the Shell LiveWIRE UK and Shell Society social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook, reaching audiences of over 15K
- Manage the Shell LiveWIRE UK website, which provides an application portal for the Smarter Future Awards, alumni case studies, programme news and the Shell LiveWIRE UK Business Library, which shares free tools, resources and guides on starting and running your own business
- Perform due diligence checks: We perform rigorous due diligence checks on all applications to identify financial and reputational risks.
- Support with international scaling: We help UK programme alumni apply for and participate in Top Ten Innovators, the high-profile innovation competition for global Shell LiveWIRE alumni